Experience a 4 hour Scenic Whale Watching and Wildlife Tour on board our custom built vessels, MV Adrenalin (14m) and MV Endorphin (20m).
During the cooler months (July-September), Townsville North Queensland marks a pit stop on the annual migration route of the Humpback Highway. Around 7000 humpback whales choose to rest and play with their new calves in the crystal blue waters off the coast of Queensland.
Cruise past Magnetic Island’s beautiful coastline scattered with large granite boulders and towering native hoop pines and Orchad Rock.
Keep an eye out for the abundance of marine life such as turtles, dolphins, and the secretive dugongs. Don’t forget to stretch that neck and discover the world above us with the resident Brahminy and whistling kites, and the ever-majestic white breasted sea eagles!
All while you watch enough whales to leave your whale-loving heart a flutter! Grab your binoculars or zoom lens and discover the naturally curious humpback whales. With a water level viewing deck, you can truly feel like you’re up close and personal with these ultimate ocean creatures – all on the whale’s terms of course! Tail slapping, pectoral fin waves and sometimes – full breaching is all just an added bonus during whale season.
In the unlikely event we do not come across any whales we do not offer any refund as you still would have received a scenic cruise. We do not guarantee whale sightings.
Your Day Includes:
- A four-hour scenic tour around the beautiful waters of Cape Cleveland and Magnetic Island.
- Cruise past the large granite boulders and towering native hoop pines for your opportunity to glimpse some of the abundance of marine life that reside there and the majestic humpback whale on their northern migration.
- Morning or Afternoon Tea
- Iced water, cordial, tea and coffee
- Experienced, Professional, Fun and Safe crew with a passion for the marine environment
- Our team specialised in marine and wildlife will educate you in the behaviour of the Whales and other wildlife with our live onboard commentary
- Experience the World Heritage listed Great Barrier Reef
- BYO Alcohol welcome
Terms and conditions apply. You can find our T&Cs here.
Half Day Trips both Morning and Afternoon for Whale Watching and Wildlife weekdays and weekend days during migration season. Please check our calendar for availability!
You can board from Townsville at the Breakwater Marina or from Magnetic Island at the Nelly Bay Ferry Terminal.
Due to our small numbers of passengers it is advised to book early.
(Please note that all our trips are subject to passenger numbers and weather conditions. Confirmation is made the afternoon prior to departure).
Discover a world below the surface and hear the reef’s greatest stories. Be inspired by the wonder of the Museum of Underwater Art (MOUA).
📍 Townsville, North Queensland | AUS
Snorkel or dive on the Great Barrier Reef
⚓️ Dive the S.S Yongala shipwreck
👇🏽 Book with us today