You depart from Townsville on Friday night so you can wake up for a Saturday sunrise over the reef. After two dives/snorkels in crystal blue waters during the day and a spot of fishing, there’s even time for a night dive in between fully catered meals. On Sunday, enjoy two more leisurely dives before cruising back to the mainland, arriving in Townsville at about 5 pm, refreshed and ready for Monday morning!
We will be confirming the liveaboard a week prior to the trips departure. You will be sent a trip status update via email using the contact details provided at the time of booking. Please check your inbox and junk mail for the trip status. If you do not receive a confirmation please contact us on (07) 4724 0600.
Your vessel (MV SeaEsta)
The MV SeaEsta is the perfect vessel for your liveaboard with double, twin and quad-share air-conditioned cabins. It has a large, fully equipped dive deck that provides easy access in and out of water for divers and snorkellers. It also features a BBQ and entertainment deck where you can relax and mingle with your fellow crew/passengers in between dives.
Your trip includes:
- Up to FIVE dives/snorkels including 1 night dive on the Great Barrier Reef
- 2 nights accommodation in air conditioned cabins
- All bed linen
- All meals from Saturday morning to Sunday afternoon
- Snorkeling equipment and instruction
- Basic fishing tackle (hand lines including 1 rig)
- Environmental Education – learn about the reef
Terms and conditions apply. You can find our T&Cs here.
Sites we visit
The central section of the Great Barrier Reef offers some of the best spots for diving and snorkelling. Our experienced crew will select the best sites to visit on the day based on weather conditions.
Peacock Bommie at Davies Reef rises from depths of over 30m up to 5m from the surface. Schools of fusiliers, fairy basslets and snappers explode around you, as larger pelagic fish cruise past. Waft away clouds of glassfish to uncover pipefish, cleaner shrimp, and count the number of coral cod.
Vic’s Patches on Keeper Reef or Fish Bowl offers tantalising swim-throughs that see beams of light revealing delicate nudibranches, camouflaged frogfish, giant puffer fish and wide-eyed cave dwellers peeking up through the dark.
The North Face of Wheeler’s Reef offers an action-packed drift dive for Advanced or training Adventure Divers to cruise at 20m past schools of humphead parrotfish and huge Spanish mackerel, whilst spotting wobbegongs in the sand as the occasional grey reef shark watches on.
Boarding: Friday, 7:30 pm
- Saturday morning: Wake up at the Great Barrier Reef. Time to drop a line to catch lunch or watch the sunrise… When the sun rises a bit further, we move into a shallower reef for snorkelling, diving, swimming and relaxing.
- Saturday afternoon: We leave time for a little more fishing before dinner. Relax as the sun goes down over the horizon.
- A night dive is on offer for the adventurous ones
- Sunday: After a short cruise early Sunday morning, there is time for another spot of fishing before more diving and snorkelling.
- Try trailing a lure on the way back home for some pelagic action.
- Arrive back in Townsville around 5:00 pm
What to bring:
- Your diving certification and log book
- A small bag with towel, swimwear, toiletries, sunscreen and hat
- Some small fishing equipment (if desired)
- BYOB (in non-excessive amounts)
What not to bring:
- Large bags or backpack
- Bed linen, sleeping bags and pillows
- Glass Bottles (wine bottles allowed)
Prices for our 2 day 2 night reef weekend getaway liveaboard start from:
|3/4 Share bunks||$735||$535|
Depending on availability, selected cabin type will be reconfirmed within 48 hours of booking.
- 1x Certified Day Dive – $50
- 4x Certified Day Dive package – $180
- 1x Night Dive – $65
- 1x Discover Scuba Dive – $85
- Additional Discover Scuba Dives – $50 each
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver – $295
- Guided dive – $10 per dive