Snorkel and Dive on the Great Barrier Reef and discover the beautiful colours and amazing life of this underwater world!
Your journey can begin from Townsville or Magnetic Island, North Queensland and takes you out to the Central Section of the Great Barrier Reef on our custom-built day vessels. The Central Section is a little further off the Queensland Coast than other sections and as a result has some of the best sites of the whole Great Barrier Reef.
This trip takes you to John Brewer Reef, an amazing coral reef bursting with a plethora of marine life and depths of the reef ranging from 16 metres up to the surface making it ideal for snorkelers from beginners to experienced. Schools of bait fish are a common site, as well as an abundance of colourful reef fish including Parrot fish, Maori wrasse, Clown fish, Angel fish. Turtles, Stingrays, White tip, and Black tip reef sharks are often sighted.
Snorkellers can add to their experience and explore this underwater world with a Discover Scuba Dive. No prior experience in diving is needed as you will be guided through the basic safety and water skills needed and dive under the direct supervision of one of our friendly and professional Instructors.
Dive the reef and world-class Museum of Underwater Art!
The Museum of Underwater Art (MOUA) is an installation at 16 meters and surrounded by this reef, with the bright and beautiful colours a perfect backdrop and the location providing balance to man-made and nature’s art. As the first of its kind in the Southern hemisphere, MOUA will act to highlight reef conservation, restoration, and education on a global scale. The site, located on the northern end of John Brewer Reef, is rich in history with a strong connection to our Indigenous culture.
The Coral Greenhouse, first submerged building design by world-class artist Jason de Caires Taylor, is a bucket list item no one should miss! The greenhouse, which many people think of as glass walls filled with fruit or flowers, instead boasts a mix of art and science both inside and outside. The structure is based at 16 metres in depth and reaches up to 6 metres below the surface, includes life-like figures and sculptures of trees and coral gardens making this staggering 72 metre exhibit a wonderland for divers.
Learn how the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park is managed and what is being done to protect it. Our friendly crew will take you through ways you can help protect the reef and its creatures for future generations. So come and spend a day snorkelling or scuba diving on the Great Barrier Reef. Discover this remarkable world that offers a guaranteed WOW factor and take away lifetime memories.
Boarding is 7am Townsville and 750am Magnetic Island, returning at 5pm.
Your Day Includes:
– Full day trip to the Great Barrier Reef and Museum of Underwater Art (MOUA)
– Iced water, cordial, tea and coffee throughout the day
– Morning Tea, Buffett Style Lunch and Afternoon Tea
– A visit to world-class Museum Of Underwater Art (MOUA)
– Reef Ecology talks to enhance your experience
– Demonstrations and snorkeling instructions on snorkeling techniques and in-water assistances
– All snorkeling equipment (mask, snorkel, fins and full length suit)
– Floatation devices like noodles, jackets and life rings
– MOUA and Mooring fees
– Experienced, Professional, Fun and Safe crew with a passion for the marine environment
– Experience the World Heritage listed Great Barrier Reef
Dive The Reef
Certified divers can enjoy 2 in water sessions on all of our day trips to the reef. You can dive with one of our experienced dive guides or explore the reef with just yourself and your buddy.
Discover Scuba Diving is with one of our experienced PADI Diving Instructors. You will receive a safety briefing, complete a quick quiz, practice a few basic skills in shallow water, then off to explore the wonders of Great Barrier Reef under the close supervision of your instructor. You can say “I dived the Great Barrier Reef!” and tick it off your bucket list!
Introductory Diving Prerequisites:
– Capable swimming ability
– Minimum age of 12 years
– Dive Medical Clearance from a doctor if YES ticked to any of the medical questions
– Basic medical questionnaire: Are you fit to dive? View PADI’s Medical Questionnaire.
Day Trips to the Great Barrier Reef/ MOUA are available Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.
Please check our calendar for availability!
You can board in Townsville at 7am from Breakwater Marina, Mariners Drive or Magnetic Island at 7:50am from Nelly Bay Ferry Terminal.
Due to our small numbers of passengers it is advised to book early.
(Please note that all our trips are subject to passenger numbers and weather conditions.
Confirmation is made the afternoon prior to departure).
Sample Schedule and Menu for
MOUA and Great Barrier Reef Day Trip:
07:00 Townsville passengers board at Breakwater Marina at the end fueling wharf
07:25 Depart Townsville
07:50 Magnetic Island passengers board from Nelly Bay Ferry Terminal
09:00 Morning tea
09:45 MOUA and Great Barrier Reef site briefings
10:00 Arrive at Great Barrier Reef – John Brewer Reef (MOUA) site
10:20 Dive 1 / Snorkel 1
13:00 Dive 2 / Snorkel 2
14:00 Depart site for Nelly Bay
15:00 Afternoon Tea
16:00 Arrive and disembark passengers at Nelly Bay, Magnetic Island
16:30 Arrive and disembark at Townsville Breakwater Marina
Please note that the above schedule is as a guide only, actual times on the day may vary.
Terms and conditions apply. You can find out T&Cs here
- Morning Tea
- Afternoon Tea
- All Day
- Fruit platter and assorted biscuits
- Buffet-style lunch spread with chicken, ham, salami, cheese, salads, assorted condiments, bread, peanut butter and vegemite
- Fruit platter, cheese, crackers and assorted biscuits
- Tea, coffee, cordial and chilled water
- $295.00 Adult Snorkeler / $245.00 Child Snorkeler
- $390.00 Snorkel with 1 x Introductory Dive
- $450.00 Snorkel with 2 x Introductory Dives
- $335.00 Certified Diver with Tanks and Weights only (use OWNGEARDSCT when booking)
- $390.00 Certified Diver with Full equipment hire
- $20 per Guided Dive (compulsory for divers with less than 10 dives logged)
- $20 per Guided Snorkel session
- $40 Refresher Course offered in-water as part of the first dive
- $35 per PADI Adventure Dive
- $70 Enriched Air Nitrox fill for two tanks (must be Nitrox certified)
- from $85 Camera Hire (includes SD card, yours to keep)
- PADI courses available