Experience the Central Section of the Great Barrier Reef onboard our custom-built day vessels MV Adrenalin or MV Endorphin, boarding from both Townsville and Magnetic Island. Our 14 metre MV Adrenalin offers fully shaded areas, sun deck, stabilisers, toilet, shower, along with easy access in and out of the water while 20 metre MV Endorphin has a spacious flybridge, main deck with benches, tank racks, saloon, dry area, toilet and shower, and a large sundeck at the rear of the vessel with stairs that allow easy access in and out of the water.
The Central Section of the Great Barrier Reef is a little further off the Queensland Coast than other sections and as a result has some of the best sites in the whole Great Barrier Reef. We have a number of sites in the region and will choose the best site on the day dependent on weather and other contributing factors. Some sites feature large coral bommies with white coral sand sea floors, while others have large gutters running through the coral occupied by hundreds of reef fish, and colorful coral walls occupied by innumerable marine animals in crystal clear water.
Depths on the reefs range from 1 metre to 20 metres making it ideal for snorkellers, beginner and experienced divers. Big schools of Trevally and bait fish are common as well as a myriad of colourful reef fish including Parrot fish, Maori wrasse, Clown fish, Angel fish, Turtles, Stingrays, White tip and Black tip reef sharks often sighted.
Snorkellers can take the opportunity to explore the underwater world on a Discover Scuba Dive. No prior experience in diving is needed as you will be guided through the basic safety and water skills needed and dive under the direct supervision of one of our friendly and professional Instructors.
A visit to the Great Barrier Reef with Adrenalin Snorkel & Dive is a perfect way to enjoy snorkeling, introductory scuba dives or certified dives. Both snorkelers and divers will be exhilarated witnessing the spectacular marine life that the Great Barrier Reef has to offer whilst being immersed in tropical crystal clear water.
Your Day Includes:
- Full day trip to the Great Barrier Reef
- Learning about the reef eco system
- Morning Tea, Buffett Style Lunch and Afternoon Tea
- Iced water, cordial, tea and coffee throughout the day
- All snorkeling equipment (mask, snorkel, fins and full-length suit)
- Demonstrations and snorkeling instructions on snorkeling techniques and in-water assistance
- Floatation devices like noodles, jackets and life rings
- Mooring fees
- Reef Ecology talks to enhance your experience
- Experienced, Professional, Fun and Safe crew with a passion for the marine environment
- Experience the World Heritage listed Great Barrier Reef
Dive The Reef
Certified divers can enjoy 2 dives on all of our day trips to the reef. You can dive with one of our experienced dive guides or explore the reef with just yourself and your buddy.
Discover Scuba Diving with one of our experienced PADI Dive Instructors, with options for one or two dives. You will be given a thorough safety briefing, complete a quick quiz, practice a few basic skills in shallow water, then it’s off to explore the wonders of Great Barrier Reef under the close supervision of your Instructor. You can say “I dived the Great Barrier Reef!” and tick it off your bucket list!
Introductory Diving Prerequisites:
- Capable swimming ability
- Minimum age of 12 years
- Dive Medical Clearance from a doctor if YES ticked to any of the medical questions
- Complete a basic medical questionnaire – Are you fit to do an Introductory SCUBA dive?
Click here to view PADI’s Medical Questionnaire.
Day Trips to the Great Barrier Reef depart every Tuesday, Thursday, Friday (occasionally) and Sunday. Please check our calendar for availability!
You can board from Townsville at the Breakwater Marina or from Magnetic Island at the Nelly Bay Ferry Terminal.
Due to our small numbers of passengers it is advised to book early.
(Please note that all our trips are subject to weather conditions and passenger numbers. Confirmation is made the afternoon prior to departure).
- $295.00 Adult Snorkeler
- $245.00 Child Snorkeler
- $390.00 Snorkel with 1 x Introductory Dive
- $450.00 Snorkel with 2 x Introductory Dives
- $335.00 Certified Diver with Tanks and Weights only (use OWNGEARDSCT when booking)
- $390.00 Certified Diver with Full equipment hire
Sample Great Barrier Reef Trip Schedule:
07:00 Townsville passengers meet at the Townsville Breakwater Marina, located on the fueling wharf at the end of Mariners Drive
07:25 Depart Townsville
07:50 Passengers board from Nelly Bay, Magnetic Island
09:00 Morning tea
09:45 Great Barrier Reef site briefings
10:00 Arrive at Great Barrier Reef – Lodestone, Keeper or John Brewer Reef Site
10:20 Dive 1 / Snorkel 1
13:00 Dive 2 / Snorkel 2
14:00 Depart site for Nelly Bay
15:00 Afternoon Tea
16:00 Arrive and disembark passengers at Nelly Bay, Magnetic Island
16:30 Arrive and disembark at Townsville Breakwater Marina
Please note that the above schedule is as a guide only, actual times on the day may vary.
Water, Cordial, Coffee, Tea is all provided throughout the trip
Morning tea: Fruit platter and assorted biscuits
Lunch: Buffet-style spread with roast chicken, ham, salami, cheese, bread, salads, peanut butter, vegemite and assorted condiments
Afternoon tea: Fruit platter, cheese, crackers, and assorted biscuits
Available all day: Tea, coffee, cold water and cordial
- $20 per Guided Dive (compulsory for divers with less than 10 dives logged)
- $20 per Guided Snorkel session
- $35 per PADI Adventure Dive
- $70 Enriched Air Nitrox fill for two tanks (must be Nitrox certified)
- from $85 Camera Hire (includes SD card, yours to keep)
Our Recent Posts
📍 Townsville, North Queensland | AUS
Snorkel or dive on the Great Barrier Reef
⚓️ Dive the S.S Yongala shipwreck
👇🏽 Book with us today