Adrenalin Snorkel & Dive operates a special 4 Day 4 Night Liveaboard trip from Townsville, visiting the Great Barrier Reef and the SS Yongala Wreck. This trip offers 3-star accommodations with 5-star diving! Wake up on the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. Dive all day and into the night to experience great visibility and the myriad of gullies and canyons and walls.
Experience the stunning Great Barrier Reef with up to 14 dives including 3-night dives!
Then the grand finale, The Yongala Wreck, Australia’s BEST dive!
Be awed during 2 morning dives on the Yongala Wreck where you can see huge groupers, big rays, turtles, sea snakes, sharks, cruising pelagic and huge schools of fish.
Diving the Yongala is simply spectacular every dive, year-round.
It’s a dive experience you’ll remember for the rest of your life! Departs Thursday evening and returns on the afternoon of Monday.
Your vessel (MV SeaEsta)
The MV SeaEsta is a great vessel for your liveaboard with double, twin and quad-share air-conditioned cabins. It has a large, fully equipped dive deck that provides easy access in and out of water for divers and snorkelers. It also features a BBQ and covered entertainment deck where you can relax and mingle with your fellow crew/passengers in between dives.
Your trip includes:
- Snorkel equipment for snorkelers
- Tanks and weights for divers
- Snorkeling and up to 14 dives including 3 night dives at the Great Barrier Reef/ MOUA and 2 dives at the Yongala wreck
- 4 nights accommodation in air conditioned cabins
- All bed linen
- All meals
Terms and conditions apply. You can find our T&Cs here.
Thursday Check-in at 8 pm, Departure at 10 pm
Friday Wake up to the sun rising on the Great Barrier Reef and enjoy your first couple of dives at Lodestone Reef at 8.30 am, second dive at 11 am before moving to Keeper Reef for a third dive at 2.30 pm and night dive at 7 pm.
Saturday Wake up on Wheeler/Davies Reef and enjoy your first dive at 8.30 am, second dive at 11 am, third dive at 2.30 pm and night dive at 7 pm.
Sunday Wake up on Little Broadhurst reef and enjoy your first dive at 8.30 am, second dive at 11 am, third dive at 2.30 pm and night dive at 7 pm.
Monday Wake up at the Yongala wreck and be the first ones to dive there before anyone else. Dive 1 at 6.30 am and dive 2 at 8.15 am. Arrive back at Townsville at 4.30 pm.
Sites we visit:
MOUA at John Brewer Reef as the first of its kind in the Southern hemisphere, MOUA will act to highlight reef conservation, restoration, and education on a global scale. The site located on John Brewer Reef is rich in history, with a strong connection to our indigenous culture and marine tourism.
The Coral Greenhouse – first submerged building design by world-class artist Jason deCaires Taylor is is a bucket list trip no one should miss! The greenhouse, which many people think of as glass walls filled with fruit or flowers instead boasts a beautiful mix of art and science. Trees, life-like sculptures, and coral gardens make this staggering 72m structure a wonderland for divers.
Surrounding the Museum of Underwater Art is an amazing coral reef bursting with a plethora of marine life. The bright and beautiful colours are the perfect backdrop for the museum and the location provides the perfect blend of man-made and natures art.
Keeper Reef has many coral gardens with beautiful gorgonians and spikey soft corals and is renowned for its many swim throughs. Expect to see coral trout, rabbitfish, batfish, turtles, reef sharks, sweetlips, barramundi cod, crafish, rock cods and squirrelfish.
Wheeler Reef is one of the best dive sites in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. It features a small white sand cay with areas for snorkelling and it also has deep bommies and swim throughs to excite more experienced divers.
Davies Reef has many dive sites from large pinnacles with small caves to prolific coral gardens and drop-offs, where deep gutters cut through the reef and the walls are decorated with soft coral and gorgonians.
Little Broadhurst Reef is an excellent night dive location, and Barra Bommie has an exciting swim through with frequent octopus sightings.
SS Yongala Wreck is the number one wreck dive in Australia and for good reason. It is the only large structure in an open ocean location, which means it is a gathering point for marine life. Expect to see plenty of rays, sea snakes, groupers, turtles, sharks and many more.
What to bring:
- Your full vaccination certificate
- Your diving certification and log book
- A small bag with towel, swimwear, toiletries, sunscreen and hat
- BYOB (in non-excessive amounts)
What not to bring:
- Large bags or backpack
- Bed linen, sleeping bags and pillows
- Glass Bottles (wine bottles allowed)
Prices for our 4 Day 4 Night liveaboard start from:
- from $1121 base rate – 3 or 4 Share
- from $1165 base rate – Twin Share
- from $2500 base rate – Double (price for 2 pax in room)
- from $1875 base rate – Double (Sole occupancy)
- $95 Discover Scuba Dive
- $255 Full Dive Gear hire
- $20 Shared Dive Guide per person per dive
- $35 Adventure Dive
- $50 EANx (Nitrox) First Fill(certification required)
- $20 EANx (Nitrox) subsequent Fill (certification required)
- $65 Dive Torch purchase including batteries
- $30 Dive Torch Hire for duration of the trip (incl. one set of batteries)
- $360 PADI Open Water Diver Course. We offer eLearning and pool training prior your departure for your opportunity to become a certified diver on the trip
- $230 PADI Enriched Air/ Nitrox course
- $295 PADI Advanced Open Water Course