You depart from Townsville in the morning of Thursday, 14 November 2019 and will spend an amazing four days familiarising yourself with various dive sites along the Great Barrier Reef, and observing the coral spawning that will take place. Your trip is scheduled to return on the afternoon of Sunday, 17 April 2019.
Your vessel (MV SeaEsta)
The MV SeaEsta is the perfect vessel for your liveaboard with double, twin and quad-share air-conditioned cabins. It has a large, fully equipped dive deck that provides easy access in and out of water for divers and snorkellers. It also features a BBQ and entertainment deck where you can relax and mingle with your fellow crew/passengers in between dives.
Your trip includes:
- Up to 13 dives including THREE night dives at the Great Barrier Reef
- 3 nights accommodation in air conditioned cabins
- All bed linen
- All meals
- All Environmental Management Charges
Thursday 14 November Boarding at 7.30 am. Arrive at the reef at 1.00 pm and enjoy 2 afternoon dives and 1 night dive at the Great Barrier Reef.
Friday 15 November Wake up to the sun rising on the Great Barrier Reef and enjoy your day dives around Lodestone Reef. Spend 3 day dives familiarising yourself with the reef and 1 night dive watching the coral spawning.
Saturday 16 November Wake up on Keeper Reef and enjoy your day dives around Keeper Reef. Spend 3 day dives familiarising yourself with the reef and 1 night dive watching the coral spawning.
Sunday 17 November Wake up and do 2 dives in the morning before returning to Townsville at approximately 4 pm.
Sites we visit:
Lodestone Reef has many large coral bommies with areas of white sandy bottoms and colourful coral walls in crystal clear water. Prepare to be surrounded by a myriad of colourful reef fish including parrotfish, maori wrasses, clownfish, damsels, angelfish. You can also spot turtles, stingrays, white-tipped and black-tapped reef sharks.
Keeper Reef has many coral gardens with beautiful gorgonians and spikey soft corals and is renowned for its many swim throughs. Expect to see coral trout, rabbitfish, batfish, turtles, reef sharks, sweetlips, barramundi cod, crayfish, rock cods and squirrelfish.
What to bring:
- Your diving certification and log book
- A small bag with towel, swimwear, toiletries, sunscreen and hat
- BYOB (in non-excessive amounts)
What not to bring:
- Large bags or backpack
- Bed linen, sleeping bags and pillows
- Glass Bottles (wine bottles allowed)
- Dive Gear hire $125 for 4 days;
- Shared Guided Dive – $10 a dive per person
- Adventure Dive $25
- Nitrox Fills: $25 per tank (certification required)
- Enriched Air/Nitrox course: $230
- Advanced Open Water Course: $295
- Dive torch: $10 per dive
Prices for our 4D3N Coral Spawning liveaboard start from:
|3/4 Share bunks||$1,082||$942|