Cape Cleveland Half Day Lighthouse Tour
Experience a half-day tour to one of the region’s most sought after destinations. Cape Cleveland Lighthouse was the first lighthouse to be built in Townsville back in 1879. The isolation and beauty of this part of North Queensland is just as striking as it was in the early years.
This informative tour of Townsville’s History commences with a journey across Cleveland Bay taking in spectacular views along the way (approx. 40 minutes). On arrival to Cape Cleveland you will be taken ashore by barge, from where you can take the walk up to the lighthouse and enjoy historical displays with regional lighthouse guides. Spend your time taking in the natural beauty that Cape Cleveland has to offer. After an afternoon of exploration, enjoy drinks and nibbles as we watch the sunset over Townsville and Magnetic Island on our return journey.
Limited Trips Available:
2018 Trip Dates coming soon…
Register your interest and get alerts as soon as the latest dates are released here!
Your Tour Includes:
- Scenic cruise across the bay to Cape Cleveland
- Informative commentary by regional guides
- Historical displays
- A complimentary beer, wine or soft drink
- Gourmet antipasto platters
ADULT $89 CHILD $69 FAMILY $289
1. Scenic Flights See the views from above and add a short scenic helicopter flight around the lighthouse, Cape Cleveland and South Paradise Bay – Maximum 3 passengers per scenic flight.$70 EXTRA PER PERSON
2. Fly/Cruise Book a ‘Fly/Cruise’ option and fly to the lighthouse from Townsville and cruise back on board the SeaLink vessel, or vice versa – Maximum 2. EXTRA $239 PER ADULT OR CHILD $219
Townsville Sealink Ferry Terminal 2:30pm, please arrive 30 minutes prior to departure for check-in at the travel desk. Returns 6:30pm. Car-parking is available on-site for $7.50.
Magnetic Island guests receive a free return transfer to make their way to Townsville prior to the tour (1.35pm service at the latest). Tickets are available for collection from the Nelly Bay office on day of travel.
This tour requires a moderate level of physical activity. It is a 20 minute walk from the beach to the summit of the lighthouse including a steep incline. Should you require assistance please advise staff on the vessel. Passengers travelling from Magnetic Island will receive a free return transfer to make their way to Townsville prior to the tour. Tickets are available for collection from the Nelly Bay office on your day of travel.