Join our experienced crew on the only scheduled liveaboard departing from Townsville to the central section of the Great Barrier Reef and SS Yongala wreck. The central section is further away from the Queensland coast than the other sections and as a result has some of the best sites of the Great Barrier Reef. Explore these world-class sites and finish off your liveaboard trip by diving at the SS Yongala, Australia’s best wreck dive. Our liveaboard is also ECO-certified by Ecotourism Australia!
We will be confirming the liveaboard a week prior to the trips departure. You will be sent a trip status update via email using the contact details provided at the time of booking. Please check your inbox and junk mail for the trip status. If you do not receive a confirmation please contact us on (07) 4724 0600.
Your vessel (MV SeaEsta)
The MV SeaEsta is the perfect vessel for your liveaboard with double, twin and quad-share air-conditioned cabins. It has a large, fully equipped dive deck that provides easy access in and out of water for divers and snorkellers. It also features a BBQ and entertainment deck where you can relax and mingle with your fellow crew/passengers in between dives.
Your trip includes:
- TEN dives, including two night dives and two dives at the SS Yongala
- Accommodation in air-conditioned cabins for the whole trip
- All bed linen
- All meals
- Environmental Management Charges and site mooring fees
- Tanks and weights for divers
- Snorkelling equipment for snorkellers
Sites we visit
The central section of the Great Barrier Reef offers some of the best spots for diving and snorkelling. Our experienced crew will select the best sites to visit on the day based on weather conditions.
Peacock Bommie at Davies Reef rises from depths of over 30m up to 5m from the surface. Schools of fusiliers, fairy basslets and snappers explode around you, as larger pelagic fish cruise past. Waft away clouds of glassfish to uncover pipefish, cleaner shrimp, and count the number of coral cod.
Vic’s Patches on Keeper Reef or Fish Bowl offers tantalising swim-throughs that see beams of light revealing delicate nudibranches, camouflaged frogfish, giant puffer fish and wide-eyed cave dwellers peeking up through the dark.
The North Face of Wheeler’s Reef offers an action-packed drift dive for Advanced or training Adventure Divers to cruise at 20m past schools of humphead parrotfish and huge Spanish mackerel, whilst spotting wobbegongs in the sand as the occasional grey reef shark watches on.
SS Yongala has been consistently voted Australia’s number one wreck dive. Be the first divers to descend on the wreck in the morning and witness giant trevallies, bull rays and Queensland gropers. There are also heaps of batfish, cod, bottle-nosed wedgefish and leopard sharks swimming amongs the wreck.
Boarding: 8pm at Townsville, departing 10pm
- Day 1: Two dives at Vic’s Patches, Keeper Reef and two dives (including night dive) at Student Bommie, Wheeler Reef
- Day 2: Two dives on Peacock Bommie, Davies Reef and two dives (including night dive) at Barra Bommie, Little Broadhurst Reef
- Day 3: Two morning dives on the SS Yongala Wreck (subject to weather)
Return to Townsville, disembarking at approximately 4.30pm
What to bring:
- Your diving certification and logbook
- A small bag with towel, swimwear, toiletries, sunscreen, and hat
What not to bring:
- Large bags or backpack
- Bed linen, sleeping bags and pillows
- Fishing equipment
- Glass bottles (wine bottles excepted)
Prices for our 3 day 3 night liveaboard start from:
|3/4 Share bunks||$985||$885|
- Full dive equipment hire: $95 (all three days)
- Dive Torch: $25 (incl. batteries)
- Guided dive: $10 (per dive)
- Adventure Dive: $25 (per dive)
- Nitrox Fills: $30 for one or $50 for 2 tanks (certification or training required)
- Nitrox course: $230
- Advanced Course: $295
- Camera hire: 1 Day $65; 3 day $130; (SD card – yours to keep)